Monday, August 4, 2008

Some Completed Projects....

and more UFO's found.

This is my oldest UFO! It is over 8 years old. It was a beginning quilting class.  The class ended in April of 2000. It is all hand pieced. The two blocks at the corners of the bottom are already hand quilted. The quilt is made following the lap quilting method from Georgia Bonesteel. Since pulling this out, I have cut more blocks. I decided to work on this every evening while watching TV.  Shown are 25 out of  the 42 blocks I am making. I decided to make this a king size! hand quilting

I have to say that this is the ugliest quilt I have ever seen. I mean my piecing is fine and the blocks are good, but the colors are terrible. I did not know one thing about how to choose fabrics for a quilt when I picked them. I am going to finish this one day. I will use it on my bed and proudly! I decided to finish hand piecing and hand quilting it so I can say I did it all by hand.

I will never hand piece again, except for when it is necessary (like yo-yo's).

Now for some completed things!

New school clothesThis is a new outfit for my 6 year old. The shorts are Simplicity 9080 and the tank is Kwik Sew 2411. I think they are both OOP. The KS 2411 is actually for a girls camisole and panties, but it worked great for this "wife beater" as the rednecks in my family call it. 

I have made the shorts 4 different times now and still am not good at inserting a fly. The pattern uses velcro for the fly instead of a zipper. It worked great last year when my little one entered kindergarten. This is the first garment I have made that I used embroidery to embellish. I really need to do this more often. I used a nice twill for the shorts.   I have not washed out the markings yet in these photos. The only change in the pattern I made was to add a snap at the top and not put velcro for the small pocket on the front. Shorts front

 

 Shorts back 

 

 

 

 

The tank is made of a nice thermal knit. I bound the edges with a rib knit using my new binder attachment I purchased off eBay for my coverstitch machine. I really want to get a few more sizes now. I could not get a photo of the tank because it was really rainy yesterday, and white is hard to see when I use my flash.

Next are some fleece blankets I made using my EdgeryDoo tool to crochet around the edges. The camo is for my youngest son and the John Deere was a gift for a friend's son's birthday.  The colors may be off some. I really need a new camera.

EdgeryDoo Camo BlanketThese are really quick and fun to do. I do not follow a pattern. I just do a couple of rounds in whatever stitch I like, usually a dc. Nothing fancy since these were for boys.

EdgeryDoo Camo Blanket2

 

 

 

 

 

EdgeryDoo John Deere blanket

 

 

EdgeryDoo John Deere blanket2

 

 

 

Finally, my finished cross stitched piece, all blocked and ready for framing. I love Winnie-the-Pooh.Done Stacked Pooh

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Happy Stitching,

Photobucket

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Hi Sunny,
That was a really ambitious beginner project! It isn't ugly either, it's probably just your taste has changed. If you want ugly, I could show you some of my early endeavors, but I won't. LOL

Pieceful Afternoon said...

For some reason I can't see the photos - just red Xs. Not sure if it is your blog or my computer. I couldn't even see them when I clicked to enlarge - usually that works.